Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Finished Object

Or "FO" as we refer to it over on Ravelry.  So I finally finished my mobile.  Well, actually I finished my butterflies a while ago, but just hadn't strung them up yet.  Then I decided to make some grey and black butterflies, got  a little sidetracked with a couple of swaps, and well here I am a whole month and a half later still trying to finish up that mobile.   Aaand, here she is!

This is how she looks in the corner of my kitchen.

 Finished off with some simple glass beads.

Less than spectacularly photographed, but you get the idea.  I was originally going to make two mobiles with five butterflies each, but when I hung one of them up in this spot, it looked small, dinky, and unimpressive.  So, I unstrung them and restrung eight for a longer piece.  Much better.  It's not as colorful as the ones I made last year for a swap, but that's me.  I'm less into rainbow, and more into working with a limited color palette.  I have two butterflies left over that I'm thinking about making into brooches.  

Anyway, I hope you guys like it.
As always, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: