Translate

Monday, August 6, 2012

Chibi Cthulhu

So I've been noticing a lot of fall related posts on other people's blog's lately.  I think I have officially caught fall fever!  Does anyone know if there is a difference between the term fall and autumn?  I love the word autumn.  It makes such a lovely name too.  Around here people generally just use the term fall, so I guess I use it too.  I think I'll start saying autumn instead. I don't know if it will stick though.

Anyway, so I've been having images of pumpkins and ravens and skeletons dancing around in my head.  I started a fall--oops, I mean autumn--related amigurumi.  Amigurumi are currently my favorite creative outlet.  I'm hoping to share that with you soon.  Maybe I'll post a teaser picture later this week.  For now, here is picture of another ami that I recently made.

Its a chibi Cthulhu, the character from H.P. Lovecraft's Call of Cthulhu, which I just started reading.  It's rather shameful, I know, that I haven't actually read it before.  I think the Davy Jones character from Disney's Pirate's of the Caribbean was based off this character.  Anyway, here he is...




I used this pattern from a blog called Amigurumi Love http://amigurumi-love.blogspot.com/2010/06/baby-chtulhu.html , but I did alter it a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment