Translate

Friday, August 31, 2012

As You Wiiiiish

I was recently in a doll swap in which we had to make a character from one of our partner's favorite movies, books, or tv shows.  Boy was I ever happy to find out that my partner's favorite movie of all time is The Princess Bride.  It is such a silly fun movie that I instantly knew I wanted to do a character from that movie.

The main protagonist is Westley,...he has the dreamiest blue eyes!


He also appears as the Dread Pirate Roberts!



I was going to stop there, but I felt like he was lonely.  After all what's a protagonist without his lady fair?
Soooooooo...I decided to also make his main squeeze, Buttercup.  Actually he insisted that life wouldn't be worth living without his..
TRUE LOVE!


Princess Buttercup may be smiling, but she was not very happy about meeting the Dread Pirate Roberts...  


 that is until she realized it was her sweet Westley come to rescue her!


 And, in true Hollywood fashion, true love conquers all!



2 comments:

  1. I love these dolls! One of my favorite movies of all time! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am particularly proud of these. Mostly because Westley's mustache really made him look like the character to me.

    ReplyDelete