Translate

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

ATCs

I only recently learned about ATCs, or Artist Trading Cards, but I have become quite smitten with them.  They are miniature works of art that are fun to make and even funner to exchange!  (Yes, I know that "funner" is not a real word, but it should be! :P)
The standard size, as far as I know, is 2.5 x 3.5 inches or vice versa vice.  Same difference.   In my Monster Mash post, I posted a set of four collaged Halloweeny ATCs, but I really wanted to try my hand at hand drawing some.

Since I love owls, and they are sort of a Halloween animal, I decided they would make an excellent subject.
I painted a background on watercolor paper using watered down acrylics.  The owls are chalk pastel pencils on Bristol paper.  I have no idea if I'm supposed to combine those two, but its what I had laying around.
I originally thought that ATCs were 2 x 3 inches, but fortunately I discovered my mistake before any cutting or pasting occurred.
I almost always use images off the internet when I need reference material.  Occasionally, I'll use a lovely photo book or magazine.  


AND

Here they are all cut and pasted together!


I think they turned out simple yet cute.  Anyway, I'm happy to be drawing again.  I hope I keep it up because I need the practice!




No comments:

Post a Comment